Water Piano Concert with Scratch & Makey Makey
Duration: 1 hrs
• 5 x laptops
• 5 x Makey Makey Sets
• 5 x additional wires per group
• 8 x empty cups
• 20 mins of fun and interactive learning with Scratch
• 40 mins of hands-on sessions
We will arrive 60 mins prior to the start of the event for set up, which includes of the following:
• Arrangement of tables into 5 clusters
• Arrangement of laptops for each group
• Setup of Makey Makey Sets for each group
• Distribute cups for each group
• Distribute wires for each group
Fun and Games:
Scratch will be introduced to each group
Simple commands will be taught to the Kids
Followed by a hands-on session on the laptops
Then they will be tasked to setup the water piano, with the cups filled with water.
Finally, they get to play a birthday song for birthday boy/girl! Alternatively, we can also input a few key tones for the participants to make their own unique song.
The party will be filled with laughter and music created by the young creators of technology.
Be inspired with coding, using engaging language – Scratch programming.
Code to learn is critical as it will aid in the development of learning to think creatively, reason systematically and work collaboratively — essential skills for life in the 21st century.